St. Paul's Mission Statement
It is important to re-visit from time to time the mission statement that [I assume] was written by the people of our parish sometime in the not-too-distant past.
There are two reasons for doing this:
1. We should all be familiar with it as it is the succinct expression of our purpose as a community of faith
and
2. Like any mission statement, it needs to be a living testimony that is sensitive to the dynamic needs of a parish and its people.
With that in mind, and recognizing that no mission statement is meant to be crystallized and inert, I will be inviting the parish, especially when we prepare the new profile, to contribute ideas for a revised statement that continue to reflect the values and practices of the parish.
As it stands, this is our current statement, which appears at the top of our parish web page:
The mission of St. Paul's is to bring people into an ever deepening relationship with God, and with one another, through Jesus Christ. Under the power and guidance of the Holy Spirit, we aspire to be a loving and welcoming family of faith which is a living witness for the coming Kingdom of God.
Helpfully, it also includes a scripture citation. [Remarkably, I think many, if not most of the mission statements I've read never explicitly refer to scripture.]
For where two or three are gathered in my name there I am in the midst of them.
- Matthew 1 8:20
There are two reasons for doing this:
1. We should all be familiar with it as it is the succinct expression of our purpose as a community of faith
and
2. Like any mission statement, it needs to be a living testimony that is sensitive to the dynamic needs of a parish and its people.
With that in mind, and recognizing that no mission statement is meant to be crystallized and inert, I will be inviting the parish, especially when we prepare the new profile, to contribute ideas for a revised statement that continue to reflect the values and practices of the parish.
As it stands, this is our current statement, which appears at the top of our parish web page:
The mission of St. Paul's is to bring people into an ever deepening relationship with God, and with one another, through Jesus Christ. Under the power and guidance of the Holy Spirit, we aspire to be a loving and welcoming family of faith which is a living witness for the coming Kingdom of God.
Helpfully, it also includes a scripture citation. [Remarkably, I think many, if not most of the mission statements I've read never explicitly refer to scripture.]
For where two or three are gathered in my name there I am in the midst of them.
- Matthew 1 8:20

<< Home