Monday, October 30, 2006

The Final Post


Back in March of 2005, I thought I would experiment with a parish web log to see whether or not it would make any difference in improving parish communications. As I was new at this, and wanted its potential failure to be entirely my responsibility, I registered it in my name.

As you all know, it turned out to be a success. To date, over 10,000 visits have been made to these pages over the past 21 months, with nearly 20,000 individual page views.

However, it is not possible to transfer registration from one person to another, or even to an institutional address. So, this form of the parish web log will cease to publish after today.

If there are photos or article links that you would like to download or bookmark, please feel free to do so. When Site Meter reports that the average viewership has fallen to "0", this web log will self-destruct.

Thanks for using this tool. Oh, and thanks for appreciating the sometimes obtuse sense of humor presented in these pages.