Thursday, September 01, 2005

News from the Dioceses of Mississippi, Alabama, and Louisiana...

...may be found on The Living Church's web page.

I originally had an idea to form a temporary "sister parish" relationship with one of the churches in the Gulfport, MS area so that we might be of some prayerful and tactile support. Such exercises are often valuable especially for parish youth and children. I learned yesterday that the parish is gone, along with five or seven more. The specifics are to be found here.

Also, please take the opportunity to read this interview with the Bishop of Louisiana.

Today the "blogosphere", as it is called, is devoting the entire day to fund-raising efforts. As I stated yesterday, as far as I'm concerned there is no better organization to which to donate than Episcopal Relief and Development, mainly because they have an honorable record in getting funds to where they belong without wasting them on administrative or marketing costs. Again, you may donate on line through the ERD web page.

[At least one secular blogger, Austin Bay, agrees, and is urging his readers to donate through ERD.]