A Potential Revision to the Anglican Communion [including recent updates]

As many of you know, the Episcopal Church is part of the Anglican Communion, a collection of all of the churches worldwide that grew out of the Church of England, mostly through the process of British colonization.
The Anglican Communion is headed by the Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr. Rowan Williams, whose picture appears above. [If you think he looks like an Oxford professor, well....] While this is not the same relationship that, for example, the Roman Catholic Church has with the Pope, the Archbishop of Canterbury is respected as the titular head of the communion. [Have I confused you, yet? I think I made myself dizzy with that sentence.]
At any rate, as is appropriate to his role, the Archbishop presented a recommendation for the restructuring of the Communion in light of recent events, mostly occurring in the Episcopal Church of the United States. An article explaining that recommendation may be found by following this link.
More, much more, may be found by reading this article in the Times of London and also the related stories offered on the right hand side of the page.
[As requested by some of our parishioners, I include links to the article about this in today's New York Times and a reaction to the Times article in this online journal that examines religion stories found in the media.]

<< Home