Holy Cross Day
Today is one of those feast days with which I have difficulty. It's not that there is anything unsound with it in either history, theology or intention. It's entirely personal, as I can relate better to the lives of the saints and others, [you know, actual persons who lived, worked, made choices, prayed, died, etc.] than I can a day set aside to mark a theology or doctrine.
However, the human story behind Holy Cross Day is an interesting one and important in the formation of Christendom.
Details may be found here.
There is also another reason for my interest in this day. More years ago than I like to remember, at St. Peter's Church in Waterford, Pennsylvania, where I served as vicar, I was ordained a priest in the evening of this day.
However, the human story behind Holy Cross Day is an interesting one and important in the formation of Christendom.
Details may be found here.
There is also another reason for my interest in this day. More years ago than I like to remember, at St. Peter's Church in Waterford, Pennsylvania, where I served as vicar, I was ordained a priest in the evening of this day.

<< Home